And all the 'experts' shout "REASONABLE SHOPPER!" -> http://www.women24.com/FashionAndBeauty/NewsandTrends/mango-angers-consumers-after-r1-panty-glitch-20160517
In my opinion, Mango shoppers could reasonably have expected the sale prices to be valid. Why?
- There was a big fat sale advertised.
- Only a small percentage of the items were marked down to ridiculously low prices.
- The stock could have been dumped stock and Mango could have wanted just something for the goods. It's not like a seat on a plane that doesn't necessarily have to take off if not full enough.
- It could have been the PR stint of 2016. Brands do crazy things online these days.
- The sale went on for hours and Mango was well aware of what was going on. They didn't take the site down or change the prices - a five minute job.
The brand should honour the sales.